I saw this on Arizona Geology, but figured others would fine it of interest as well.
The Havasupai Tribe announced a $1 million donation that will allow them to build an early warning system for floods and repair damage from the August flood that devastated their Grand Canyon home.
The donation is from the San Manuel Band of Serrano Mission Indians which is based in San Bernardino County, California.The funds will be used to:
- Rebuild infrastructure, including bridges and trails
- Install early warning system
- Update emergency response plan
- Provide emergency assistance to Tribe members who lost their jobs as a result of the flood
- Prepare tourism materials to revive their economy
There is a Web site I just found that has compiled 11 videos of the flood, plus links to numerous first-person accounts, photo albums, and news stories. There are lots here that I haven't seen before - http://www.havasupaiflood.com/